Making Connections: Covid-19 Response
Making Connections joined dlr Community Response Interagency Forum which was first established in March 2020 as an emergency response to the COVID-19 restrictions. Led by Dunlaoghaire Rathdown County Council, the forum still meets regularly and includes representatives from up to twelve organisations who provide a collaborative and unified response to deliver effective results in a short timeframe.
- In response to the crisis, Making Connections pivoted quickly in March 2020 and mobilised 100 volunteers to provide a variety of services.
- In partnership with Airfield Estate and HSE, volunteer drivers delivered over 3,800 nutritious meals to older people in need.
- The charity provided grocery shopping, pharmacy pick up and pension collection for those cocooning or unable to leave their homes.
- Befriending volunteers supported people experiencing a severe sense of social isolation through regular in person visits or phone support.
- Making Connections also partnered with dlr Arts office and the Arts Council of Ireland and organised garden concerts to lift the spirits of older people and their neighbours at the height of the crisis
Making Connections Spirit of Christmas 2020
A new Christmas project.