As a Making Connections Volunteer you help to build a community where an older person can live an independent life without the fear of isolation; where the joy, laughter, hope and support of meaningful human connections comes to life.
- Befriending & Supports Visits: After vetting and training Befriending Volunteers are connected with an older person in Dublin South – primarily for company and conversations. The commitment involves regular visits for on year. During Covid-19 other supports may be involved.
- Telephone Befriending: Support an older person with regular check-in calls.
- Community Meals Driver: After screening and training Volunteer Drivers deliver nutritious meals along with a side of friendly conversation.
- Administrative Support
- Specialist Skills
Interested in Volunteering?
Apply Now: Click here to complete an Expression of Interest Form
To ensure that we can respond quickly to the needs of older people in our community, Making Connections, aims to recruit a team of suitable Volunteers who are ready and eager to be matched to relevant roles as they arise. This means that after you apply, please be advised that there may be a waiting time until a suitable role becomes available.
When a suitable role becomes available, here are the next steps:
- Online Training
- Phone interview
- Role specific registration & Vetting Pack
- Garda Vetting & Reference Checking